Saturday, January 15, 2011

How to cheer up a friend ... ONLINE!!!

Ok, those of you who read my previous posts know that I work and travel and that means meeting a lot of people from different countries. The first time I had to say goodbye to those guys, I was devastated. I promised to keep in touch and all those things, but most likely and it almost never happens. Over the time where I met and left people, I just got used to saying goodbye to people I was friends with. However, there are some people that just stick your heart and even though you no longer exist in the same town, country or continent, you still remain great friends. Im talking about two girls specifically who made my life in England very enjoyable ... we just clicked from the beginning and when that happens you can never be prepared to let them go. That is why we meet once year, some place that is conveniently close to all of us and some place we can explore a little. I love this one saying which reads “Friends are like stars, you don’t always need to see them to know they are there!“ That is how I perceive my friendships and that is the feeling I want my friends to have when they think of me. Something like, even though I’m not sitting next to you, you can count on me .
So let’s get to the point, which I am sure many of you who have international friends, have experienced. How to cheer up a friend over Internet!?!  You can’t give them the comforting tap on shoulder, hug them and say “Everything‘s gonna be OK!“ So how DO you do that, how do you comfort your friends when you can’t be right there for them. Well, believe it or not, you can. HOW? It’s simple, show how much you love them and how much you appreciate them. This is something you don’t tell your friends on everyday basis … plus, at least for me, it is so much easier to write it rather than say it. I feel like it should be a super precious moment if you wanna tell this you friends face to face. Like a wedding or their child christening etc.  When my friends are down and depressed and they write about me it, I wanna cheer them up. They don’t ask for it, but I just wanna be there for them somehow. I always encourage them to look at the things they have rather than pointing out things they don’t have. And I encourage you to do the same in your life. Write down a list if you want to and ad one thing everyday. Put down all the things you can think of, things that make you proud of yourself … and if you run out … think of things that other people compliment you on. Little things like “perfect eyebrows“ count as well. When you are down, have a look at the list and read it over and over. Sounds silly perhaps but it does help. Don’t believe it??? Try it and then judge ... When you are trying to help out your friends, start the list for them and send it to them. Put down things why you like them and what is special about them. BE SPECIFIC!!! Everybody likes hear or see some compliments about themselves.
Do YOU have any tricks how to maintain international frienships??? Post them in the comments and we can discuss them. Inspire the rest of us with your tips and tricks ...
Take care and be happy
Babye
Allie de Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment